Exceptional Living Centers Occupational Therapist Assistant-Randolph in Winchester, Indiana
Occupational Therapist Assistant-RandolphinWinchester, INatExceptional Living Centers
ApplyNot ready to Apply?
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Exceptional Rehab at Randolph is hiring!
Part Time COTA!
Assists in the provision of therapy services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties as assigned.
- Performs selected occupational therapy interventions under the direction and supervision of the occupational therapist. Obtains data related to the interventions provided Makes modifications in selected interventions either to progress the patient/client as directed by the occupational therapist or to ensure patient/client safety and comfort. Carries out the d/c plan as determined by the OT Responsible for service and operational excellence of all assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services and/or outcomes required to meet or exceed expectations of those utilizing or impacted by the department.
- Proficient administrative and communication within department and facility and company.Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, and equipment used in the practice of their discipline. Display working knowledge of multidisciplinary practice scopes in the LTC setting. Thorough knowledge of all payer source documentation and payment requirement
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate application of precautions and contraindications to occupational therapy treatment procedures and modalities.
- Communicates effectively with supervising OT, interdisciplinary team regarding resident treatments and discharge planning, and with residents, families, and employee
- Participates in supervisory visits with the supervising OT as required by the State
- Maintains professional appearance and attitude at all times, including adhereing to applicable dress codes and maintaining a clean, safe and professional department
- Participates in census building and marketing activities
- Participates in clinical program development and implementation.
- As directed, assists with quality assessment and assurance function
- Maintains proper documentation. This may include but is not limited to: creating and/or maintaining resident records for each resident treated. Timely and accurately completes rehabilitation billing and labor entrie
- As directed, assists with survey processe
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Maintains and applies current skills and knowledge through continuing education and in-service program
- Carries out responsibilities in compliance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and with facility philosophy, policies and procedure
- Must be able to speak, understand and read the English language to the extent necessary to safely and properly care for residents.
- This position requires standing, sitting, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting over 25 pounds, bending, climbing, twisting upper body, walking, running, carrying, listening, talking, use of telephone, and exposure to medical equipment and persons with risk of illne
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A graduate of an approved education course for occupational therapy assistants. Must not be excluded or sanctioned from state or federal program. Meets state and federal requirements. Prior EMR/Computer experience and long term care experience strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Driver’s license per position requirements. Licensed in the state(s) of practice.
ApplyNot ready to Apply?