Cook Medical Metallurgist/Material Scientist in west lafayette, Indiana
The Metallurgist/Material Scientist at Cook Research Inc. is respoinsible for the evaluation of new technologies and processes towards novel medical devices, feasibility testing to support the product development of medical devices, design verification testing to support device regulatory approval, and post-market device evaluation to support clinical and/or marketing activities.
• The primary roles of this position include evaluation of new technologies and processes toward novel medical devices; feasibility testing to support the product development of medical devices; design verification testing to support device regulatory approval; and post-market device evaluation to support clinical and/or marketing activities
• Requires technically sound engineer/scientist capable of challenging medical devices through accelerated fatigue, corrosion, simulative use, and basic mechanical properties medical device testing
• In addition to developing and validating test methods and conducting tests compliant with various international regulatory agencies, this person will also be responsible for the maintenance of well-controlled documentation, including written protocols, data forms, and laboratory notebooks
• Other activities, but not limited to, may include test matrix development, standard committee involvement, and research related to defining clinically relevant test conditions
• Master's degree Metallurgy, Metallurgical Engineering, Material Science, or similar field of study required, PhD preferred
• Skills related to fracture mechanics, processing-structure-property relationships in engineered alloys, mechanical metallurgy, fractography and surface analysis techniques are a plus
• A hard-working, enthusiastic, detail-oriented person with strong written and verbal communication skills, recordkeeping skills and interpersonal skills is needed
• Must be able to work in a dynamic team setting and possess a willingness to be trained
Job Location(s)West Lafayette IN United States
TravelLess than 10%
Position TypeFull Time
CompanyCook Research Inc.