Indiana Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center Geneticist in Topeka, Indiana
Since The Community Health Clinic (CHC) opened in 2013, over 700 patients have benefited from its clinical genetics services. The CHC is located in Topeka, Indiana. Topeka is a one hour drive from Fort Wayne and South Bend and two to three hours from larger cities like Chicago, Indianapolis, and Ann Arbor.
The CHC is part of a consortium of clinics dedicated to providing care to the Plain Community, an otherwise underserved population. These clinics are located in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Wisconsin and are predicated upon providing accessible and affordable care to a population that otherwise experiences barriers to healthcare. For more information about the CHC and its model of care, www.indianachc.org.
The CHC is seeking a Physician Geneticist interested in treating children with metabolic and genetic disorders. This position offers two unique opportunities: first, specialized training and support in establishing a medical program with clinical and molecular research components; and second, access to an insular, homogenous, medically underserved population willing to contribute to the body of genetic research for the sake of the local and global community.
Successful candidates will have or wish to develop experience in diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of children with chronic and complex diseases. Desired personal qualities include compassion, gentleness, and a respect for cultural differences. Work for a well-funded clinic providing innovative, accessible, community-oriented specialized care and research coordination for the high proportion of children and families affected by rare genetic disorders in Plain populations.
• Board eligible/board certified in Clinical Genetics or Biochemical/Molecular Genetics.
• Experience or desire to develop experience in diagnosing, evaluating, and treating children with chronic and complex diseases
• Personal qualities of compassion, cultural sensitivity, and gentleness
• Full-time; predominantly daytime outpatient care with rare inpatient service at local hospitals
• Highly competitive salary
• Long- and short-term disability
• 401k package
• Generous vacation time and paid holidays
• Malpractice insurance
• Potential for educational loan repayment
Employment assistance program for significant other
The Community Health Clinic is an equal opportunity employer.