HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER in Terre Haute, Indiana
Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room (ER) - PRN, 12 hour shifts, primary need is 7p-7:30a, rotating weekends and holidays
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Terre Haute Regional Hospital (THRH) part of the Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA), is a 278-bed Level II Trauma Center. Regional is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for the local community for 135 years. We offer cardiovascular services, including open-heart and cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion’ labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Why join our Emergency Room Team? * 17-Bed Emergency Department * Includes a Psych Safe Room and two Trauma bays * Chest Pain Accredited * Great team work and collaboration with physicians, other units and management * You will have passionate managers who will motivate you and champion staff to reach their professional goals
Our ER team is a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
What will you be doing?
Planning, assessing, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of care to assigned ER patients.
- In accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.’s, administer I.V. medications, and begin blood product transfusion.
- Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V. therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
- Triages patients by evaluating the patient’s signs and symptoms; recording and reports the results.
- Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient and processes orders.
- Receives and transcribes/checks physician’s orders in a timely manner.
- Provides and documents patient and family education as needed.
- Communicates clinical outcomes with patient and family.
- Performs efficiently with Meditech.
- Coordinates admission through discharge plans with case manager, patient, and family.
- Actively participates in the orientation of new personnel.
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience: * Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with current licensure by the Indiana State Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse. * BLS, ACLS, PALS, and NIHSS obtained within first 6 months and maintained during employment * TNCC obtained within one year of hire and maintained during employment
- * We value YOU and your future!
- * Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. If your a part time or full time employee choose the medical and dental coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k. If you should choose to work part time or full time we also offer tuition assistance up to $5,250 per year, student loan repayment up to $1,200 per year, family and medical flex spending accounts, employee stock purchase plan, life insurance, and identity theft protection. PRN employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan and for employee consumer discounts.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER
Location: Indiana-Terre Haute-Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00097-6916