HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mental Health Technician PRN in Terre Haute, Indiana
Do you have the career opportunities as a Mental Health Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Terre Haute Regional, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services,HCA Healthcare.
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. As a PRN employee you can plan for your future by participating in our 401k program
As aMental Health Technician, you will perform various patient care activities and related nonprofessional services necessary in caring for the needs and comfort of patients in our 16-bed Adult In-Patient Acute Behavioral Health Unit
- You will participate in providing a therapeutic environment through acceptance of patient behavior and guidance toward socially acceptable behavior.
- You will also participate in the development, review and implementation of interdisciplinary treatment plans under the guidance of a RN
- Supervise and participate with patients in group or individual recreational, social, and related activities under the direction of the program therapist and/or charge nurse
- Perform basics nursing procedures as required, i.e., bathing, feeding, temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, oral hygiene, etc.
- Observe patients’ behavior, charting and reporting any significant physical or mental changes to the nurses on duty
- Assist in the admission, transfer, and discharge of patients
- Keep confidential conversations and information concerning patients
- Assist with acting out or combative patients, helping to seclude or restrain if necessary
We admit patients 18 years of age and older, predominantly via the Emergency Department. Terre Haute Regional Behavioral Health uses a multi-disciplinary treatment team consisting of RN, Behavioral Health Techs, Psychologist, Licenses Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Mental Health Counselors and Certified Recreational Therapists.
Terre Haute Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve.
* Awesome tuition reimbursement and educational resources, comprehensive benefits, caring culture and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership. * First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center * Level II Trauma Center with 24/7 Trauma/Surgical Services * Regional Hospital recently earned a 4th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings * The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
• Prior mental health experience in a medical setting. • Certifications: BLS and Crisis Prevention Certification must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital • One (1) year of college education, preferably with courses in psychology and sociology or documented evidence of Mental Health Technician training or applicable training.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
/ / /We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Mental Health Technician PRN
Location: Indiana-Terre Haute-Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00097-6809