HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Emergency Services Unit Secretary PRN in Terre Haute, Indiana
* Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a *Emergency Services Unit Secretary PRN.
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. As a PRN employee you can plan for your future by participating in our 401k program.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
TheUnit secretarysupports the nursing unit as a receptionist and performs various clerical duties, handling incoming and outgoing communications on the nursing unit pleasantly, concisely, and accurately
• You will keep charts up to date; i.e., lab reports, obtaining new and old records, orders paper supplies weekly, obtains nursing supplies daily • Work cooperatively with the nursing staff to provide accurate transcription of doctor’s • Process requisitions and forms to other departments as directed by the Director/Charge Nurse • Assist in the coordination of services and supplies for the nursing unit. • You will make appointments for patient services in other departments as requested by nursing staff, may make post-discharge clinic or doctor appointments for patients • You will run copies for completed labs and places in patient’s chart for physician review
Our 17-bed Emergency Department includes a Psych Safe Room as well as two Trauma bays. We currently see 75 to 85 patients daily and have seen increased volumes since the addition of 24-hour Trauma Services.
Terre Haute Regional Hospitalis a 278-bed community based medical center serving the areas of Vigo, Sullivan, Knox, Greene, Clay, Owen, Putnam, Parke, Vermillion and Fountain counties in Indiana and Crawford, Clark and Edgar counties in Illinois. We are the region’s only Level-II Trauma Center with the highest level of care available in a 75-mile radius, the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Terre Haute, and the first hospital in the area that was certified in hip & knee replacement by The Joint Commission.
/We’re more than a hospital, we’re a family!/ * Awesome caring and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
Level II Trauma Center
The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
Regional Hospital recently earned a 4th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety rankings
• Minimum of one year of healthcare clerical support experience
• Computer literacy & intermediate experience in all Microsoft Office
• Ability to multi-task with prioritizing and meeting deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining composure
• Current BLS certification
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply! We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Emergency Services Unit Secretary PRN
Location: Indiana-Terre Haute-Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00097-6869