Union Hospital Health Group DATA ENTRY TEAM LEAD-UAP AR-INSURANCE in TERRE HAUTE, Indiana
The Data Entry Team Lead works under the direct supervision of the Accounts Receivable manager. The position exists to support the healthcare team in providing and assisting the patient with his/her care needs in collaboration with all healthcare providers. Job Duties include Lead over Charge posting, reviews and processes electronic charges from EMP to Billing System, establishes batch entry in billing system, prepares and stores charge batch according to current procedure, and enters charges. In addition will provide information, directions and any other assistance to physicians, patient, family customers and vendors.
· Functional grasp of standard written and verbal English
· Ability to work efficiently/effectively in a fast paced sometimes stressful working environment
· Calculator skills of 175 strokes per minute (will determine proficiency with calculator test)
· Working knowledge of computer preferred
· Previous medical billing experience preferred
· Must be accountable, self-directed, and possess great interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Basic keyboarding skills with typing speed of 45 wpm
· Must be accomplished at basic business math
· Must be have ability to organize tasks and attend to details
· Must meet and deal successfully with a wide variety of people
· Possess excellent relationship skills & possess a teamwork attitude
· Must be willing to learn and become proficient in current tasks and skills as assigned as well as new that are included within the job description.
Union Hospital, Inc. is committed to the development of our staff. We recognize the contributions of our employees and the fact that each and every person plays an important role in providing our patients with quality healthcare. We are committed to continuously improving the quality of our processes, technology, employees and physicians and developing measures to monitor our success. One of our goals is to attract and maintain professionals and support staff who will help us remain a leader
As an EOE/AA employer, Union Hospital, Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.