General Electric EHS and Lean Leader in Noblesville, Indiana
Lead all aspects of the GEHC Environmental Health and Safety program for the site. Additionally, this role will serve as the lean site leader. Recognized as a lean expert, influences at the manager level on projects and initiatives for their defined area of responsibility, and develops operational plans annually to determine processes and procedures for execution within their defined area of responsibility. Lead cross-functional projects to drive standardization, stability, and simplification
• Lead all site assigned aspects (technical, regulatory/third party interface, reporting, permitting, compliance, financial, administrative, etc.) of GE Healthcare projects and permits in compliance with relevant regulatory programs and GE corporate policies. Ensure appropriate management of consultants and legal counsel on all projects and coordinate efforts of other EHS staff members and site EHS professionals on various projects as required.
• Evaluate facility EHS conditions, assess risks and develop appropriate corrective-action plans and budgets to address deficiencies in comparison to regulations and internal policy/protocol.
• Provide EHS Site leadership for all EHS programs and projects.
• Managing multiple value streams, serving as a recognized expert and resource leader for focus areas, process rigor, and delivering significant simplification results.
• Ability to drive cross-functional results.
• Initiating sustainable process improvements to exceed customer expectations while using lean strategies to drive continuous process improvement
• Owning the development and deployment of existing methodologies while advancing and applying lean principals. Facilitating workouts, value stream mapping sessions and activities to achieve business results.
• Ability to train work teams on lean principles and process
Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 10 years of progressive work experience in a manufacturing environment.
In-depth working level knowledge of corporate Environmental Health and Safety processes and procedures
Proven experience in influencing, leading teams and driving change results orientation
Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated facilitation experience
· Advanced degree (MS) and/or professional EHS certifications .
· Experience managing projects and/or EHS compliance
· Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and other responsibilities, adjust to changing priorities and to make decisions with speed and accuracy based on available information
· Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse, cross-functional, internal and external team across different time zones.
· Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Indiana; Noblesville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.