Indiana University Health Lifeline- 911 Paramedic ALS/BLS (PRN) in Nashville, Indiana
Shifts and Locations Available:
PRN/Supplemental - 2, 12-hour shifts per month (availability to work more depending on shifts)
Location: Brown County, IN
About the Position:
Are you seeking an opportunity to continue developing your professional career while striving to provide the best care for the community you serve? Then the Paramedic position at IUH LifeLine is the one for you! The LifeLine team has been servicing the downtown Indianapolis community since 1979 and is one of the most comprehensive and largest hospital-based programs in the nation. These particular team members will be responding to 911 calls in the Brown County area.
Our teams service their surrounding communities and areas, functioning as one of the main modes of inter-facility transports between IU Health locations and communities. Our Paramedics lead all aspects of and manage the care, transport, and treatment of ill/injured patients. This included patients in both emergency and non-emergency situations.
A team member will have the chance to coordinate and manage neonatal, infant, pediatric, adult, and elderly patients. Therefore, they need to possess the required knowledge and skill for care. During care, Paramedics may be required to acquire consents and authorizations from the patient or legal guardians. As a crew member, there are opportunities to work with ground-breaking technology available in our ambulances.
Outside of working with state of the art technology and equipment, IU Health provides several options when it comes to planning for the future. The IUH organization offers several different incentives for every member of staff. From opportunities to stay healthy and volunteer in the communities. Employees of IU also continue their education with certifications and licensure courses. Our benefited employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement if they wanted to go back to school!
• Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent required. ACLS;BLS;PALS;EMT-P Indiana Paramedic license required.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) required upon hire.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required upon hire.
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or its equivalency(s) to be obtained within initial probationary period.
• Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) or its equivalency must be obtained within initial probationary period.
• NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800 to be obtained with initial probationary period.
• Minimum of 1 year ALS Paramedic experience preferred.
• Ability to make independent, clinical and operational competent decisions in a challenging environment.
• In addition to these requirements, the Community Paramedic for Heart & Lung Ctr also has these requirements: Requires successful completion of IUH BMH Community Paramedic/Integrated HealthCare Core Curriculum within 6 months of hire, minimum of 4 years of paramedic experience preferred.