Community Healthcare System Pharmacy Tech in Munster, Indiana
Hours:D/E every other weekend/holidays alternate
Job Details:High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Under the general supervision of Staff Pharmacist and according to precise procedures, assists Pharmacists in filling prescriptions by interpreting, preparing, and distributing medications. Fills medication orders with appropriate medications (for review and approval by a Registered Pharmacist). Transcribes and enters physicians' orders into the computer, enters charges, and performs associated duties.
· High School Diploma required.
· Previous experience in a hospital or retail pharmacy for a minimum of 2 years, completion of a technician training course, or eligibility to complete in-house training program is required.
· Must have basic typing skills.
· A working knowledge of the names of medication and the ability to perform common pharmaceutical calculations is preferred.
· State of Indiana licensure as a "Pharmacy Technician" or "Pharmacy Technician in Training" is required. For those hired without either of the above, immediate application for an appropriate license is required. After filing of the application, the employee may work for 30 days without licensure provided a receipt is maintained on-file.
· For those requiring a "Pharmacy Technician in Training" license, completion of a technician training course and licensure as a "Pharmacy Technician" is required by the end of one year of employment. Licensure is the responsibility of the employee, including any fees.
HR Use Only:cb