Indiana University Health Paramedic Emergency Department in Muncie, Indiana
Shift and Location Availability:
Part time, Evenings: 3 (benefits-eligible)
Location: Ball Memorial Hospital (Muncie, IN)
About the Position:
Are you interested in working in the ER of one of Indiana's most expansive health systems? Then working as an Emergency Department Paramedic is the best position for you! We are currently looking for qualified and motivated team members to join the ED at Ball Memorial Hospital supporting the Muncie, IN community. For this particular role, qualified individuals will have already completed the Arnett ED Paramedic CORE orientation.
As a team member you will care for and manage neonatal, infant, pediatric, adult, and elderly patients, therefore, they need to possess the required knowledge and skill for care. While in the ED, Paramedics will have the opportunity to treat, transport, and support ill/injured patients. This could be in an emergency or non-emergency situations.
While working in the Ball Memorial ED, candidates will gain exposure to patients of all different acuity. This builds a strong base of knowledge in terms of regulatory procedures and standards of care! Outside of patient care, these candidates will also be working with various equipment. An understanding of these various pieces of equipment is also encouraged.
•Requires graduate of Emergency Medical Technician certification program and graduate of a Paramedic Training Program with current Paramedic licensure as specified by Indiana Emergency Medical Services Commission.
• Requires Basic Life Support,(BLS), Advanced Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification through the AHA.
• Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
• Following successful completion of a recognized Paramedic Training Program as approved by the Indiana Emergency Medical Services Commission; this position requires experience (obtainable through ambulance service; hospital or military experience) plus an appropriate period of orientation to perform assigned tasks and duties within the Emergency Department.
• Requires knowledge of both routine and special procedures.
• Requires knowledge of pharmacology and recognizes side effects of medications administered.
• Requires familiarity with designated pieces of equipment and supplies.
• Requires a good basic understanding of the concepts of good personal hygiene; aseptic and sterile techniques to prevent spread of infection to patients; self and others.
• Requires sufficient knowledge to observe and report changes in patient condition.
• Requires general awareness and understanding of legal implication of patient care activities and self performance as a Paramedic within the Emergency Department.
• Requires knowledge of EMTALA. REQNUMBER: 309466