Indiana University Health Assistant-Operating Room (50001 Ball Outpatient Surgery Center) in Muncie, Indiana
Supports the surgical team before, during and after surgery. Assists with operating room preparation by cleaning, procuring equipment and opening sterile supplies. Provides transportation and needed assistance with patient care. Assists Surgical Techs and Nurses with various assigned duties. Works as a member of the surgical team with surgeons, anesthesiologists, registered nurses, surgical technologists and other surgical personnel.
• Requires a High School Diploma/GED.
• Previous experience in a hospital environment preferred.
• AHA Basic Life Support for healthcare workers certification required.
• Requires strict adherence to policies and regulations regarding maintenance of sterile field.
• Requires physical stamina and proper lifting techniques. REQNUMBER: 306341