Indiana University Health Assistant-Operating Room (11003 Operating Rooms) in Muncie, Indiana
Supports the surgical team before, during and after surgery. Assists with operating room preparation by cleaning, procuring equipment and opening sterile supplies. Provides transportation and needed assistance with patient care. Assists Surgical Techs and Nurses with various assigned duties. Works as a member of the surgical team with surgeons, anesthesiologists, registered nurses, surgical technologists and other surgical personnel. Located in our Ball Memorial Hosptial-Muncie IN. Full time-Evening shift.
• Requires a High School Diploma/GED.
• Previous experience in a hospital environment preferred.
• AHA Basic Life Support for healthcare workers certification required.
• Requires strict adherence to policies and regulations regarding maintenance of sterile field.
• Requires physical stamina and proper lifting techniques.
IU Health provided our employees with a comprehensive portfolio of wonderful benefits, including Medical-Dental-Vision-Matching 401K; Pet Insurance; Paid PTO; Discounts to Retail and Entertainment Events.