Indiana University Health Aide-Home Health, Muncie (FT Days) in Muncie, Indiana
Provides personal care and related services for clients in the home. Job duties include simple treatments, providing personal care and ensuring that the clients' surroundings are clean and orderly. The incumbent has frequent contact with clients, family members, Home Health and Hospice staff, and nursing facility staff. Provides the health care team appropriate information regarding changes in client's condition, and family concerns. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-4:30pm
• Requires certification as a Nurse's Aide or Home Health Aide and good standing on either the Indiana State CNA Regisrty or Indiana State Home Health Aide Registry.
• Requires certification education completed within prior 24 months or documented employment as Certified Nursing Assistant or Certified Home Health Aide within the prior 24 months.
• Experience preferred.
• Requires CPR certification.
•Requires knowledge of procedures for performing assigned tasks.
• Requires knowledge of how to operate equipment and use supplies.
• Requires ability to observe client and report changes to RN.
• Requires knowledge of principles of good personal hygiene and aseptic techniques.
• Requires ability to work independently in clients' homes.
• Requires map reading ability and access to reliable transportation in all weather and conditions.
• Requires the ability to maintain accurate charts and records.
• Requires ability to organize tasks.
• Requires good communication and public relations skills.
• Requires ability to remain alert and concentrate even when frequently interrupted.
• Requires ability to remain calm in emergency situations.