Mercy Medical Center Clinton Specialty Technician - PACU - Part Time in Mishawaka Medical Center - Mishawaka, Indiana
IN202_28200 Post Anesthesia Care Unit
Expected Weekly Hours:
Job Description Details:
Minimum: $12.37 – Maximum $17.94
Assists RN to deliver appropriate quality care, performs specified nursing procedures and provides for a clean and safe environment under the supervision of the RN.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Assists the RN in providing patient care.
4. Ambulates or assists with transfer activities utilizing proper equipment and safety techniques. Performs and records in patients’ charts, basic nursing care procedures such as ADL’s, Vital Signs, Collecting Specimens, I & O and weights. 5. Answers call lights on the unit and responds appropriately
6. Assists the registered nurse in the process of admissions, discharges, and transports.
7. P rovides a clean, calm, safe, quiet environment. Cleans nursing station, utensils, patient care equipment, kitchens, refrigerators, and storage areas as assigned.
8. Maintains patient chart for current use, this includes filing reports, inserting and removing forms appropriately and breaking down charts for medical records.
9. Maintains accurate patient census.
10. Transcribes physician orders into electronic medical record accurately.
11. Operates electronic medical record, paging, telephone and nurses call systems proficiently.
12. Promotes professional communication by maintaining courtesy, tact and assertiveness when interacting in the work environment.
13. Assists with maintenance of patient care equipment-checks performance and reports any malfunctions.
14. Assists in orientation of new staff as requested.
15. Checks to make sure available supplies are in patient room and storage areas.
16. Performs statistics as needed.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned or as workload or staffing variations require.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: High School graduate.
Experience: 1-2 years' experience with medical terminology, Nursing Assistant and/or Unit Secretary preferred.
Other Job Requirements:
Trained in telemetry in order to review data from special equipment to track a patient's heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and other vitals.
The job responsibilities are complicated by the work environment.
Requires accuracy, organizational skills, and the ability to establish priorities.
Proficient computer skills are necessary.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving diverse communities that include more than 30 million people across 22 states. Trinity Health includes 94 hospitals, as well as 109 continuing care locations that include PACE programs, senior living facilities, and home care and hospice services. Its continuing care programs provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Based in Livonia, Mich., and with annual operating revenues of $17.6 billion and assets of $24.7 billion, the organization returns $1.1 billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit programs. Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, Trinity Health is known for its focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, the organization is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs. For more information, visit www.trinity-health.org at http://www.trinity-health.org/ . You can also follow @TrinityHealthMI on Twitter.