Indiana University Health Technician-Pharmacy II in Lafayette, Indiana
Under pharmacist supervision, supports the pharmacy department in one or more of the following areas: inventory, preparation, distribution, compounding, processing of medications and supplies, specialty medications, and medication histories. Assists with all functions required for medication processing including answering telephones, taking refill orders, entering orders into system, preparing the medication for pharmacist check, preparing medications for disbursement/shipment/delivery. Key job duties may consist of handling supplies, stocking prepackaged items, maintaining inventory, delivering supplies, maintaining records, distributing supplies. May assist in bulk compounding and preparation of I.V. solutions. Works with pharmacy staff to minimize the potential for medication errors. Exercises sound judgement, anticipates potential issues and challenges in common situations and applies standard policies and procedures to determine solutions or escalation.
• 2+ years relevant experience preferred.
• Requires the absence of criminal history related to the ability to work with drugs.
• Requires strong mathematical calculation skills.
• Requires working knowledge and skills as a pharmacy technician in assigned areas and ability to work within established procedures under moderate supervision.
• Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires effective customer service skills.
• Requires intermediate proficiency typing and using Microsoft Office applications. High School Diploma or GED required.
• Requires Indiana Pharmacy Technician License OR intern/extern license if enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy.
• Pharmacy Technician National Certification required unless enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy. REQNUMBER: 309589