Indiana University Health Specialist-Cardiac Catheterization I - Cardiac Cath Lab in Lafayette, Indiana
Provides general patient care to cardiac catheterization patients, setting up and running equipment, and performing basic cardiac catheterization procedures.
• Requires high school graduate or equivalent.
• Requires post high school course work in anatomy; physiology and medical terminology.
• Additional college coursework in health care; biological sciences or related disciplines is preferred.
• Requires professional degree or certification when commonly associated with the professional experience the candidate possesses.
• Requires Basic Life Support, (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.Requires health care experience which involves direct patient care; noninvasive cardiovascular service or directly related technical patient care experience; additional cardiovascular experience preferred.
• For example; requires minimum education and certification required to become a Certified Surgical Technologist or required licensure and appropriate degree as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Requires a knowledge of various cardiac catheterization procedures (over 15) and related equipment and instruments.
• Requires knowledge of scrubbing and circulating techniques in order to actively assist with cardiac catheterization procedures.
• Requires the ability to monitor patients undergoing procedures.
• Requires knowledge and operation of respiratory; EKG equipment and basic knowledge of cardiac and emergency procedures.
• Incumbent is required to be on 24 hour call for emergency procedures. REQNUMBER: 271025