Knipper Patient Care Coordinator in Jeffersonville, Indiana
Join a growing company!!!
At KnippeRx, our most valuable resource is our people. Our employees are what differentiate us most from our competition.
We want every Knipper employee to be successful in their career, to learn and grow, and to be well compensated for their efforts.
Great pay! NO weekends! Family-culture!
Typical schedule will be within 8am to 8pm (Monday though Friday)
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination and processing of patient medication orders, to include order intake within regulatory boundaries, customer service coordination, and pharmacy technician duties as defined by policy and regulation and while under the supervision of a pharmacist.
• Assist the Pharmacist in reviewing, processing, and preparing of medications, supplies, and the provision of pharmaceutical care.
• Verify information on prescriptions received prior to processing (correct prescriber, name of patient, patient information, medication, dose, quantity, number of refills).
• Perform order entry of new and refill prescription orders
• Complete prior authorizations to ensure medication orders will be covered by insurance plans.
• Attend to customer’s needs and requests regarding their prescription while securing HIPAA information
• Answer questions and requests, responding to and referring inquiries to the Pharmacist when necessary.
• Provide high quality customer service to patients and doctors while protecting patient confidentiality.
• Communicate as necessary with patients to determine general health status, medication compliance, medication and supply inventory, and overall coordination of care and service (custom assessment in software system) as applicable.
• Prepare and maintain patient profile, medication administration records, and other documents as needed with notation for pharmacist’s review.
• Answer telephone for patient refill request and related pharmacy business.
• File prescriptions according to their schedule class.
• Order and receive pharmaceutical products and verify against invoice.
• Follow HIPAA and PSEUDOEPHEDRINE law guidelines and any other local or federal laws.
• Maintain all records including prescription logs and related files.
• Maintaining Pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Prepare and submit claims for account to ensure timely reimbursement and resubmit rejections as needed.
• Resolve account discrepancies and identify delinquent accounts by working aging timely
• Post payments to ensure accurate payment status and accurate account activity.
• Evaluate all completed prescriptions/authorizations to ensure that the appropriate information has been obtained to allow for reimbursement as well as compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
• Perform follow up on all outstanding prescriptions/authorizations and generate renewal prescriptions to follow up to obtain refill authorization in a timely manner.
• Pursue customer for payment obligation should insurance default as permitted by law or contractual relationships.
• Perform problem solving on Refill Too Soon orders.
• Make outbound calls to inform prospective healthcare providers about KnippeRx and to obtain new business.
• Perform Quality Assurance checks on automated technology specific to pharmacy and shipping requirements
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent
One (1) year of previous specialty pharmacy technician experience
One (1) year of experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services
Registered and licensed pharmacy technician by the Indiana Board of Pharmacy in good standing
Advance knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes and Roman numerals), brand and generic names of medications, and general pharmacy terminology
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two (2) years of previous pharmacy technician experience with exposure to all functional areas (order entry, medical records, filling, inventory, returns, etc.)
Completion of a pharmacy technician training program approved by the Indiana Board of Pharmacy
Nationally certified through the PTCB or another approved certifying agency
Pharmaceutical inventory control experience
Customer service evaluation and satisfaction experience
Knowledge of insurance procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent problem-solving skills
Excellent organization skills and detail oriented
Excellent typing / keyboarding skills
Ability to learn from a variety of techniques
Ability to accept ambiguity at times and apply decision making skills to determine course of action
Ability to follow established process flows
Ability to perform accurately and efficiently when inputting information into computer software
Ability to effectively multi-task
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products
Basic math skills
Strong understanding and practice of data entry, medical records, and dispensing systems and equipment
Ability to possess and obtain knowledge of medication names – generic and trade
Ability to recognize subtle differences in names and numbers
Ability to work effectively in highly stressful situations, exhibiting flexibility in changing situations
Location of job activities 100% inside
Noise and / or vibrations exposure
Reaching (overhead), handling, and feeling
Stand and sit for prolonged periods of time
Lift, carry, and move up to 50 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
of Openings: 16
External Company Name: KnippeRx Inc.
External Company URL: www.knipperx.com
Street: 200 Patrol Road