VCA Veterinary Assistant in Indianapolis, Indiana
Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA West 86th Street Animal Hospital is a well-established, General practice in Indianapolis, Indiana.
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care—with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen.
In this position you will be supporting our Doctors and Technician team by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients. Duties will include:
• Maintaining medical records.
• Preparing surgical suite and surgical patients.
• Filling prescriptions.
• Performing laboratory work and diagnostic imaging.
• Providing compassionate care and a home away from home for boarded and hospitalized pets.
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500 doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
• You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!