Indiana University Health Technologist-Neurodiagnostic II in Indianapolis, Indiana
Provides Neurophysiological testing and monitoring in the clinical, Neurotelemetry/EMU and intraoperative settings. Accurately applies electrodes to patient. Records impulse frequencies and differences in electrical potential between various areas of the brain to obtain data for use in diagnosis of brain disorders. Documents unusual wave characteristics shown on tracings.
• High School Diploma/GED required; Associate's Degree preferred.
• Graduate from a CAAHEP accredited Neurodiagnostic Program is preferred.
• Requires a minimum of R.EEG T. or R.EP T.
• Requires current BLS certification.
• Requires ability to meet all requirements of competencies in which Registries are held.
•2-5 years of experience preferred.
• Requires initiative towards the application of tests and modifies established protocols to fit patient needs.
• Requires manual dexterity, visual acuity and the ability to concentrate for extended amounts of time under stressful conditions in order to properly and effectively administer Neurophysiological monitoring and testing.
• Requires the ability to recognize neurological comprising conditions and communicate those conditions to assure appropriate actions are taken. REQNUMBER: 303393-OTHLOC-300000007211063