Mid America Clinical Laboratories Supervisor, Technical in Indianapolis, Indiana
Consider this opportunity with the MACL team working at the lab located on the St Vincent's campus on West 86th Street!
In this position, you will be providing leadership and guidance to a great team of individuals who are hungry for a mentor and coach. You will partner with the Lab Manager to cultivate talent and intelligence throughout the team and bring the team together to generate ideas for improvement. When needed, you will work on the bench to help out or provide backup to your team. No task is below you. You coach, you champion, you lead the team by example!
Your responsibilities will also include participation in CAP inspections and a heavy emphasis on Quality Control (QC) monitoring and support. You will act as a Project Manager on QC initiatives, so your experience successfully driving multiple project initiatives will be valuable in the role!
The Supervisor functions as a technical and general leader, maintaining involvement in the day-to-day functions of the lab to ensure reliable and cost effective delivery of customer services.
- Baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology or other related laboratory health science
- 5-8 years of working experience as a bench technologist
- Certified Medical Technologist, MLS (ASCP), (AMT), CT (ASCP) or equivalent
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Strong understanding of laboratory accreditation standards and guidelines to meet regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Levey-Jennings charts to manage QC data
- Experience leading project initiatives to successful outcomes
- Well-versed in laboratory testing methods
- Make sound technical and ethical decisions
- Demonstrate an interest in personal development
- Respects confidentiality of patient data
- Functions as a member of the entire laboratory team, contributing to a positive work environment