Indiana University Health Specialist-Registration in Indianapolis, Indiana
Facilitates patient flow from point of entry to destination in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. Obtains specific information to generate an accurate financial and demographic record for patients that will ensure maximum reimbursement and clinical outcomes. Schedules appointments, interviews patients for appropriate medical information, explains charges and policies of the department/hospital, validates and enters charges into appropriate systems, and collects necessary payment. Answers incoming calls and directs patients and visitors appropriately.
Community Medicine Women’s Health Call Center.
The call center answers all calls for IUHP Community Medicine Women’s Health.
Key tasks consist of answering the phone, scheduling appointments, sending messages to appropriate providers through our EMR, connecting patients with the appropriate provider to meet their Women’s Health needs.
Top skills for this position are good listening and communication skills, along with good organization, detail oriented and the ability to empathize with our callers.
Work hours 8-4:30
• High School Diploma/GED required.
•Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the AHA preferred.
• 1-2 years of relevant experience in a health care setting preferred.
• Requires ability to learn and retain medical coding; ICD-10; CPT coding experience preferred.
• Requires ability to interpret insurance information; knowledge of clinical practices and medical terminology preferred.
• Requires basic proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).