Indiana University Health Special Events EMT in Indianapolis, Indiana
Shifts and Locations Available :
PRN/Supplemental - 0-24 hrs per week, as needed (depending upon shift availability)
Location: Special Events Venues in Downtown Indianapolis. Including: Lucas Oil Stadium, Victory Field, and Indiana Convention Center
About the Position:
Are you seeking an opportunity to continue utilizing your professional skills while striving to provide the best care for the community you serve during our community events downtown? Then our Special Events EMT is the one for you!
The IU Health (IUH) team supports the downtown community in various ways, one of them being by providing safety and care during our downtown events. These include, but are not limited to basketball, football, and convention events. Our EMTs participate in all aspects of and manage the care, transport, and treatment of ill/injured patients. This included patients in both emergency and non-emergency situations.
A team member will have the chance to coordinate and manage neonatal, infant, pediatric, adult, and elderly patients. Therefore, they need to possess the required knowledge and skill for care. During care, EMTs may be required to acquire consents and authorizations from the patient or legal guardians. As a crew member, there are opportunities to work with ground-breaking technology available in our ambulances.
As a PRN/Supplemental team member, you'll have the opportunity to take advantage of some of the benefits IUH has to offer its team. We provide continuous opportunities for education and certification/licensure, volunteer and community outreach opportunities, as well as lateral and vertical movement within the organization. In addition, we offer flexible scheduling for our teams!
• High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
• EMT or PCA certification is preferred.
• Requires knowledge of routine patient care procedures.
• Requires familiarity with standard medical equipment and supplies.
• Requires basic understanding of infection control.
• Requires Knowledge of EMTALA
• Some experience in patient care within a hospital setting is preferred.