Indiana University Health Scheduler in Indianapolis, Indiana
Schedules surgical procedures, diagnostic tests, therapy services and other medical appointments timely and accurately. May obtain related documentation (e.g., patient information, insurance coverage). Coordinates scheduling with other departments and facilities. Ensures optimal utilization of patient facilities to successfully support patient care. Maintains a variety of related records, code charges, etc. and performs related clerical & administrative duties. Ensures timely receipt of written orders and verifies that orders meet compliance guidelines as a quality assurance measure. May by responsible for charge audit functions for the department.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
•Medical office experience preferred.
• Knowledge of insurance verification preferred.
• Knowledge of Cerner scheduling preferred.
• Requires general knowledge of medical terminology and general anatomy in order to recognize and accurately record requested examinations and diagnoses.
• Requires basic computer skills.
• Scheduling experience preferred. REQNUMBER: 306017