Indiana University Health RCS Quality Expert in Indianapolis, Indiana
This position exists to support Revenue Cycle Services' Total Quality Management team. This position will be responsible for performing various quality reviews, preparing and providing feedback to operational team members as well as other departments, and assisting in the development of Standard Work for team members. This position will help to ensure the accuracy and completeness of clinical medical record documentation and clinical coding as it pertains to assignment of patient status, documentation of care provided, support of billing for services provided and affect that data has on hospital reporting. This position will also be very involved in various quality initiatives across the Indiana University Health system.
• Requires RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CIC, or COC (based on position/focus). Clinical Position and Registered Nurse, ASN required, BSN preferred.
• Requires High School Diploma.
• Associate or Bachelor Degree in Health Information Management, Coding, Nursing or Finance is preferred.
• Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma training preferred.
•Requires 5+ years? experience in revenue cycle operations in various positions related to utilization management, coding, billing, collections, payment adjustments, auditing, denial management and medical record completion.
• Requires ability to read, understand and interpret medical records and other treatment documentation.
• Requires a high level of interpersonal, problem solving, and analytic skills.
• Requires effective written and verbal communication skills in both individual and group settings to ensure professional correspondence and presentation to all levels of individuals within the organization (operational team members, leadership ? internal and external to Revenue Cycle, clinicians, physicians, auditors and other external individuals/groups).
• Requires the ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with others.
• Requires ability to set and adjust defined priorities as necessary and to process multiple tasks at once.
• Requires strong attention to detail, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Requires ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
• Requires proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Visio & Access). REQNUMBER: 303722