Mid America Clinical Laboratories Medical Technologist / Medical Laboratory Technician in Indianapolis, Indiana
WE KNOW YOU HAVE MANY CHOICES WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR NEXT CAREER MOVE. SO WHAT MAKES MACL DIFFERENT?
MACL was formed through a joint venture between Community Hospitals, St Vincent Hospitals, Quest, and CoLab. With over 25 hospital-based labs across Indiana as well as a regional reference lab, we offer many locations where you can hone your skills. Associates can transfer within the company to gain skills, change shifts, try something new or advance their career.
Check out more about MACL today and see what we have to offer!
ABOUT THIS JOB:
In this role, you will work with experienced colleagues and perform a broad range of test menus. This is a fast-paced lab located on the St Vincent's campus on West 86th Street which is one of the largest level 1 trauma centers in Indiana. Never a dull moment here! If you like staying busy, this is the place for you!
The Medical Technologist instructs and performs routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens in designated disciplines including chemistry, hematology, coagulation, immunology, and urinalysis.
NOT A MORNING PERSON? No problem! We have two positions for Afternoon/Evening Shift. You choose between 1:00 PM - 9:30 PM or 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology of Laboratory Science with a one-year internship from an accredited School of Medical Technology OR
- BS/BA in Laboratory Sciences with 2 years' clinical experience
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technologist (ASCP) and meets qualifications to be a general supervisor under CLIA'88 regulations
- Associate's in MLT is the minimum education requirement. Graduates of an MLT program must have attended a program that is accredited by NAACLS
- Certification as a Medical Technologist, MT(ASCP), CLS(ASCP), MLT(ASCP), (AMT) or equivalent
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A passion for serving patients to the best of your ability
- Strong communication skills to instruct effectively
- Make independent technical and ethical decisions
- Extraordinary attention to detail to ensure quality work
- Demonstrated knowledge of theory, principles, and techniques of laboratory medicine to provide outstanding service
MACL associates enjoy comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, life insurance, 401(k), generous PTO, and more!