CDI Medical Scheduling Specialist in Indianapolis, Indiana
Be a part of something bigger, and join our team as a Medical Scheduling Specialist at our Carmel, IN center and help transform lives through remarkable customer service. As a Scheduling Specialist, you will be the first point of contact for patients and referring professionals -- answering phones, scheduling appointments, and managing faxes. The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 5:00pm.
CDI delivers quality patient-centered care, showing in words and actions the true meanings of our core values of accountability, compassion, drive, excellence and integrity. You will play an important part in that process by answering phones and handling calls in a professional and timely manner. You will actively listen to customers' needs on the telephone, and show empathy to every patient you speak with.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing The Experience
- Answers phones and handles calls in a professional and timely manner
- Maintains positive interactions at all times with patients, referring offices and staff
- Schedules patient examinations according to existing company policy
- Ensures all appropriate personal, financial and insurance information is obtained and recorded accurately
- Daily responsibility for calling and scheduling as many patients for whom the Company currently has orders
- Ensures all patient data is entered into information systems completely and accurately
- Ensures patients are advised of financial responsibilities, appropriate clothing, preparation kits, transportation and/or eating prior to appointment
- Communicates to technologists any scheduling changes in order to ensure highest patient satisfaction
- Maintains an up-to-date and accurate database on all current and potential referring physicians
- Obtains and enters new referring physician information in computer system data base and passes along to marketing for follow up
- Understands how and when to roll phones on and off answering service
- Alerts other clinics of phone problems that are passed along to your clinic
- Handles overflow calls for other centers within market to ensure uninterrupted exam scheduling for referring offices
- Arranges transportation and hotel accommodations for patients when appropriate
- Provides back up coverage for front office staff as requested by supervisor (i.e., rest breaks, vacations and sick leave)
- Pre-certifies all exams with patient's insurance company as required
- Verifies insurance for same day add-ons
- Uses knowledge of insurance carriers (example Medicare) and procedures that require waivers to obtain authorization if needed prior to appointment
(5%) Completes other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Proficient with using computer systems and typing
- Must be able to handle multi-level phone system with a high volume of calls at one time
- 1-2 year customer service experience
- Medical terminology and previous clinical business office experience
Be a part of something bigger -- join our team in transforming lives through remarkable service. CDI is a national provider network of medical imaging and related services. Through our collection of partnerships, we deliver our trademark customer service and high-quality services to enhance patient care in more than 35 states, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures that complement each community's needs.
CDI is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled