Mid America Clinical Laboratories Laboratory Assistant I in Indianapolis, Indiana
The Laboratory Assistant performs various technical and clerical functions, under the supervision of the supervisor or designee. Duties may include: order entry, processing, loading instrumentation. The standard of ethical and professional performance must be consistent with established medical laboratory practice and demonstrate the philosophy of Mid America Clinical Laboratories.
Minimal requirements must be met to fulfill Essential Functions. These requirements are reflected within the Experience Required and Skills Required sections as well as on the Physical Requirements and Environmental Hazards Worksheets.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Three to six months experience in a healthcare-oriented environment performing clerical and technical functions preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computer experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate and instruct effectively with all internal and external customers.
- Must have computer and keyboarding skills.
- Must have organizational skills to perform multiple tasks simultaneously for maximum efficiency while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Must be able to read and follow written instructions.
- Must have the ability to work with others.
- Must have initiative to perform additional tasks.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide age specific services. Refer to the competency addendum for applicable age specific skills.
- Must demonstrate and perform effective customer service skills.