Indiana University Health Clinical Lab Technician (Pathology - Client Services) in Indianapolis, Indiana
The Clinical Lab Technician at the Pathology Client Services Lab serve as a triage and problem solver for routine laboratory operations. Ensures that measuring and monitoring metrics are in place to ensure accuracy. Works with the leaders to develop quality monitors and serves as a general technical resource for team members. Performs training for team members within CLIA standards. Performs all necessary duties and knows the procedures required for the processing of specimens for diagnostic and research purposes as applicable. May perform laboratory testing as appropriate and within CLIA standards. Develops and maintains laboratory records as needed.
Hours could fluctuate between days and evenings. Some weekends on occasion and rotating holidays. W eekends are required, possibly 12 hour shifts both Saturday/Sunday as well as at least two evenings until 10pm. Also, holidays are rotated throughout the department
• Requires ability to meet the guidelines as defined by CLIA-88 to perform moderate complexity testing. Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting. Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related science preferred.
• Requires ability to meet the guidelines as defined by CLIA-88 to perform moderate complexity testing.
• Requires knowledge of the pre and post analytical phases of laboratory testing.
• Requires ability to use the laboratory computer system for data entry.
• Requires working knowledge of laboratory testing equipment and routine maintenance procedures.
• Requires ability to maintain quality control and other records.
• Requires knowledge of all laboratory safety regulations and protocols.
• Requires ability to explain instructions in simple terminology.
• Requires ability to organize and process a high volume of work within established standards.