Indiana University Health 3rd Shift Unit Secretary * Weekends Only * in Indianapolis, Indiana
Support GI & transplant patient unit. Ensures accurate and complete information is received from patient to facilitate coordination and communication between physician, unit staff, and ancillary departments. Coordinates admissions, discharges and transfers, as needed. Schedules daily tests and procedures, maintains comprehensive up-to-date record of all patient tests and procedures, and signs patients in and out of unit. Provides receptionist functions for the unit by answering calls and call light and alerts unit management to issues or needs within the unit regarding policies, procedures, or practices. Performs all clerical duties associated with supporting the Patient Care Unit.
• Schedule: Saturday & Sunday 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Completion of Medical Assistant, Medical Secretary classes, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the AHA preferred.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience in a health care setting preferred.
• Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
• Must be able to complete required (if applicable) training program.
• Requires basic proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Experience using Teletracking and/or Cerner systems a plus