Indiana University Health 105709 - Medical Assistant I in Indianapolis, Indiana
Under the supervision of the designated supervisor and assigned physician, performs duties associated with direct patient care and clinical direction to provide patient care given in accordance with the organization standards. Assures completeness of ordered procedures and treatments, assures smooth patient flow, performs general lab work, instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and ensures medical orders and referrals are carried out accurately and in a timely manner. Performs registration and scheduling activities per organizational and departmental procedures. Maintains EMR files and performs general front office functions as needed. May perform computerized physician order entry, only if directed by assigned physician. May precept current MA team members or MA Externs as requested by leadership.
• AHA Basic Life Support for healthcare workers certification required. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Graduation from a Medical Assistant program required.
• Knowledge of OSHA, CLIA, and ADA required.
• TB validated (to administer or read) or validation obtained within 6 months of hire may be required.
• Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding preferred.
• Knowledge of Business Unit Quality Programs, Meaningful Use and Standard Work Programs and concepts within 6 months of hire.
• Knowledge of standard laboratory and medical procedures.
• Knowledge of insurance plans and third-party payers.
• Ability to master standard clinical competencies per current Clinical policy, Point of Care and Skills Competency checklists.
• Requires basic math and accurate data collection and entry skills.
• REQNUMBER: 303660