Goshen Health Home Health Aide in Goshen, Indiana
$1,000 New Colleague Home Health Aide Bonus!
Requisition #: 8805 Entity/Department: Goshen Hospital / Hospice Shift/Hours: Days / Full Time, 40 Hours Per Week
The Home Health Aide is responsible for providing care for people confined to their homes due to being disabled, cognitively impaired or chronically ill. Cares for people who prefer to remain intheir home as opposed to health facilities or institutions. Nursing assistants may also provide related care in a skilled facility if a patient is a Hospice recipient.
Minimum Education: Aides Must successfully complete a competency evaluation program, which is preceded by completion of one of the following:
· Home Care Aide training course.
· CNA training course with work experience in the last 24 months.
· Military training with documented medical training and experience in a patient care setting.
· Nursing student with written verification of enrollment in nursing school who has completed Fundamentals of Nursing course with a "C" or above.
· 1040 hours of experience within the last 24 months as a hospital aide or home care aide in an unlicensed home care agency which has applied for and not been refused licensure.
Preferred Education: High school graduate or GED preferred.
Certifications Required: Maintains CPR certification per policy. CNA or HHA.
Additional Qualifications: Must possess a valid driver's license and have a reliable means of transportation.