Parkview North Hospital Student Nurse Apprentice in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- The Student Nurse Apprentice is responsible for assisting the designated RN Preceptor and additional RNs with care of all age groups within the Standard of Care set by Parkview Health and the Indiana Nurse Practice Act. The Student Nurse Apprentice, under the direct supervision of the designated RN Preceptor, participates in delegated patient care including vital signs, activities of daily living, assisting with treatments, assisting in basic IV care, and assisting in patient education.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited BSN program and be at senior-year level of program. Must have completed school nursing program courses at sophomore and junior levels.
- Current CPR BLS certification required.
- Previous experience is preferred in direct patient care (i.e. CNA, PCT, paramedic, military medic, mental health technician, home health aide).
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Must have a working knowledge of computer skills and applications. Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work with minimal oversight. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and assist with 100 pounds. Must be able to work 48 hours in a four-week schedule period.