Mid America Clinical Laboratories Medical Technologist / Medical Laboratory Technician in Evansville, Indiana
In cooperation with the department supervisor, the medical technologist instructs and performs routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens in designated disciplines including chemistry, hematology, coagulation, immunology, urinalysis, microbiology, blood bank and phlebotomy. The medical technologist follows established standards and policies, reviews patient results for accuracy and diagnostic correlation, uses independent decision making skills, and communicates with a variety of customers. The standard of ethical and professional performance must be consistent with established medical laboratory practice and demonstrate the philosophy of Mid America Clinical Laboratories in the performance of all duties.
Minimal requirements must be met to fulfill the Primary Role Responsibilities. These requirements are reflected in the Experience Required and Skills Required sections as well as on the Physical Requirements and Environmental Worksheet.
- Baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology of Laboratory Science with one year internship from an accredited School of Medical Technology.
- BS/BA in Laboratory Sciences with 5 years clinical experience.
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technologist (ASCP) and meets qualifications to be a general supervisor under CLIA'88 regulations.
- It is required that graduates of an MLT program have attended a program that is accredited by NAACLS.
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Technologist (MT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT); ASCP, AMT, or equivalent.
Ability to communicate and instruct effectively, perform independent technical and ethical decisions, operate simple and high complexity instrumentation, perform simple and high complexity manual and automated procedures, organize to perform multiple tasks simultaneously for maximum efficiency, demonstrate knowledge of theory, principles, and techniques of laboratory medicine to provide services appropriate to the age of the customer served. Refer to the competency addendum for applicable age-specific skills.