JEA Senior Living Laundry Attendant in Evansville, Indiana
Who are We?
Walnut Creek Alzheimer's Special Care Center, a JEA Senior Living (https://www.jeaseniorliving.com/) community and certified Great Place to Work (https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7011873), is an established and dedicated memory care community, where every team member takes great pride and responsibility in creating Meaningful Moments for our residents. We strive to make each resident interaction positive, meaningful and unique to them. Through an in-depth understanding of our resident’s life stories, we are able to Honor their Experience of Aging and create an environment that feels just like home.
If you are interested in building your health care career, providing holistic care for our residents and their families, and would like to see what Walnut Creek has to offer, apply online and join our amazing team.
Certified by our employees as a Great Place To Work 2020 (https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7011873) for our 2nd Year in a row! 93% of our associates shared “My work has special meaning; this is not “just a job.” 95% of our associates shared “People celebrate around here” 94% of our associates shared “I’m proud to tell others I work here” 91% of our associates shared “People care about each other here”
Apply via our Indeed ad or Visit our JEA Senior Living Careers Page (https://jeaseniorliving.hcshiring.com/jobs?openOnly=true) to see other available opportunities.
Watch our Video (https://vimeo.com/246856883) or visit us on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/jea-senior-living) and Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-JEA-Senior-Living-EI_IE696136.11,28.htm) to learn more about JEA Senior Living and what it's like to work with us.
Questions about the application process? Come visit us and our staff will be happy to assist you
Walnut Creek ASCC
525 Bentee Wes Ct. (https://www.google.com/maps/place/525+Bentee+Wes+Ct,+Evansville,+INfirstname.lastname@example.org,-87.467268,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x886e2b6356c0dec9:0x35073e0e8143e4b1!8m2!3d37.9826431!4d-87.4650793)
Evansville, IN 47715 (https://www.google.com/maps/place/525+Bentee+Wes+Ct,+Evansville,+INemail@example.com,-87.467268,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x886e2b6356c0dec9:0x35073e0e8143e4b1!8m2!3d37.9826431!4d-87.4650793)
To maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established procedures and as directed by supervisor; assure that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions and make decisions
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community officials, State officials, and general public.
- Must have compassion for, and desire to work with, the elderly and understand their needs
- Must be able to work full or part time on a regular schedule, and on-call as needed.
- Must meet all state health requirements
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential Functions:
Follow laundry schedule and instructions as directed by supervisor, including but not limited to resident personal laundry items, linens, towels, blankets and other departmental laundry.
- Ensure all residents’ personal laundry is laundered separately and labeled appropriately.
- Ensure residents’ personal laundry is returned to the appropriate person and location.
- Ensure laundry from other departments is cleaned appropriately and returned to the correct location.
- Assist with folding, hanging and ironing of resident or departmental laundry items.
- Submit maintenance work orders of general maintenance concerns and/or problems to Maintenance Director or Administrator.
- Report to supervisor any unsafe/hazardous conditions within the community and any needed repairs to housekeeping or other facility equipment.
- Work in concert with admissions to insure that all incoming residents’ rooms are cleaned, beds made, linens available and ready for move-in.
- Assist with housekeeping duties as directed or as needed including, but not limited to resident rooms and common areas.
- Follow soiled and clean laundry protocol as directed by supervisor.
- Follow infection control and universal precautions policy.
- Provide inventory of chemicals, supplies, linens as required.
- Log water or heat temperatures as required or requested.
- Attend in-services and staff meetings as requested.
- Keep janitor closets and laundry supply rooms clean and orderly.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate by supervisor or Administrator.