Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana Patient Companion Registry in East Chicago, Indiana
LOCATION: Community Hospital & St. Catherine Hospital
HOURS: 3p-11p and 11p-7a ONLY
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
A Patient Companion facilitates the provision of close patient monitoring and surveillance for a patient who is classified as actively a danger to self and/or others.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· College courses in related field preferred.
· Must have the ability to quickly react to the needs of a patient who requires immediate intervention.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform required competencies (skills) prior to providing observation.
· CPR American Heart Association preferred
· Previous medical background preferred