Columbus Regional Health Back Office Coordinator, Promtmed in Columbus, Indiana
Columbus Regional Hospital Physicians * 7690 Promptmed- 25th Street
Flexible Scheduling , Days, 10 ABOUT THIS POSITION: Full time – 40 hrs/week; 7A to 7P; Monday – Friday with every other weekend rotation Practice Location: 2502 25th Street, Columbus, IN 47201
SUMMARY: This position provides clinical support and leadership to the physicians and medical practice. Additionally, the position will continue provision of patient care as dictated by the staffing schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keeps staff, practice manager and physicians apprised of staff time-off or scheduled meetings.
- Oversees back office staff schedule, arranging for coverage during employee absences.
- Maintains adequate supply of all clinical forms, coordination with Front Office lead to order when stock is low, or assuring that changes are made where appropriate.
- Coordinates back office staff meetings-employee notification, agenda, etc.
- Assures maintenance and repair of all clinical equipment. All expenses should be referred to the practice manager for approval.
- Coordinates verification and accuracy of ancillary clinical bills as received. After inspection, pass invoice to practice manager for payment.
- Fulfills all routine back office/patient care duties as dictated by staffing schedule.
- Ensures adequate levels of medical and pharmaceutical supplies, submitting orders as indicated by inventory levels, and verifying receipt of orders.
- Collaborates with Medical Director & Office Manager/Practice Manager, to coordinate/implement all CLIA regulations for the practice, via review of lab personnel (including proficiency testing), review of lab systems and maintenance of lab policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Office Manager/ Practice Manager, to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Identifies unsafe conditions in the medical facility and define corrective action that must be taken.
- Identifies factors that might increase the infection rate and corrective actions that must be taken.
- Assumes responsibility for quality control checks.
- Assists Physicians, Office Manager/ Practice Manager, to direct routine clinical inservice for practice staff.
- Assists Medical Director in preparation and implementation of chart review.
- Assists Office Manager with personnel administration through calculation of clinical staff time cards and documentation of performance issues.
- Insures integrity of inventory in locked medicine cabinet.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through attendance of in-service, education, seminars and continuing education programs to meet practice/regulatory guidelines.
- Assists with training new or existing personnel on new procedures or techniques and maintain appropriate on-site documentation.
- Ensures all inbasket messages are responded to within a 24 hour turn around.
- Ensures all charges are entered by clinical staff.
- Demonstrate satisfactory appearance and attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- An Associate Degree or a two-year certification, in medical assisting or a licensed proficiency either as an LPN or RN required.
- Minimum of two years related experience and/or training in a physician office setting required: or equivalent education and/or training in a physician office setting: or equivalent education and/or experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) required within 30 days of hire.
Req #: 4368