Indiana University Health 212080 - Team Lead-Medical Assistant in Carmel, Indiana
Provides functional guidance to support staff and performs the duties of a medical assistant in accordance with organization standards. Provides coordination of administrative services to ensure smooth operation. May coordinate scheduling, training, and inventory duties. May be responsible for inpatient and outpatient consult activities within assigned location. May perform computerized physician order entry, only if directed by assigned physician.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Requires graduation from a Medical Assistant program and/or certification from America Association of Medical Assistants (CMA), American Medical Technologists (RMA), National Healthcareer Association (CCMA), National Center for competency Testing (NCMA), and/or American Medical Certification Association (CMAC).
• AHA Basic Life Support for healthcare workers certification required.
• Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
• 3 years experience as a Medical Assistant required.
• Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding required.
• Requires ability to perform multiple task simultaneously.
• Requires basic math and accurate data collection and entry skills. REQNUMBER: 305347