Indiana University Health Team Lead-Certified Surgical Technologist in Bloomington, Indiana
Provides leadership as clinical expert and coordinates all aspects of the assigned service line. Includes collaboration between staff, physicians and management on procedural issues and ensures the presence and proper arrangement of surgical equipment and supplies in the operating room prior to each operation. Coordinates equipment, supplies, and staff to assist with trial studies and research efforts. Provides staff development and orientation programs. Consults with vendors and provides clinical and/or product consultative services. Participates in capital submission process and preference card maintenance. Collaborates with Sterile Processing to research and create instrument sets and preference cards for new surgeons. Coordinates special projects.
•Requires High School Diploma/GED. Associates Degree preferred.
• Requires 3-5 years of experience.
• Requires certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist obtained from the NBSTSA.
• Requires Basic Life Support Certification.
• Able to resource advanced technology. Example: Ability to run several types of lasers, participate in robotic surgery and operate stealth equipment.
• Requires documentation of 25 Contact Hours of Continuing Education.
• Requires successful completion of Perioperative Services Preceptor class and/or completion of 4 Precepting eLMS modules; as demonstrated by documentation from Educator and Preceptor Evaluations.
• Requires involvement in the organization wide committee, Surgical Technologist training program or in the organization recruitment initiatives.
• Requires knowledge of various surgical procedures in order to anticipate the needs of the surgeon and to recognize the problems encountered by the surgeon.
• Requires knowledge of name and function of surgical equipment and instrumentation.
• Requires strict adherence to policies and regulations regarding maintenance of sterile field. REQNUMBER: 308262