Indiana University Health Specialist-Registration (Bloomington Hospital, Radiology Administration) in Bloomington, Indiana
We are looking for team members who are passionate about challenging and significant work for the good of every patient. We are searching for individuals who are compassionate, serve with a purpose, are dedicated to supporting their team, and who seek excellence every day.
Sound like a perfect match? Apply now - we can't wait to hear from you!
Facilitates patient flow from point of entry to destination in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. Obtains specific information to generate an accurate financial and demographic record for patients that will ensure maximum reimbursement and clinical outcomes. Schedules appointments, interviews patients for appropriate medical information, explains charges and policies of the department/hospital, validates and enters charges into appropriate systems, and collects necessary payment. Answers incoming calls and directs patients and visitors appropriately.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the AHA preferred.
• 1-2 years of relevant experience in a health care setting preferred.
• Requires ability to learn and retain medical coding; ICD-10; CPT coding experience preferred.
• Requires ability to interpret insurance information; knowledge of clinical practices and medical terminology preferred.
• Requires basic proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). REQNUMBER: 307074