Indiana University Health Specialist-Patient Flow Senior in Bloomington, Indiana
Works as an expert in collaborating with Transfer Center RNs by managing the transfer and bed placement process. Utilizes logistical experience in relation to patient throughput specifically focusing on the internal transport process, EVS process and dispatch. Identifies bottlenecks and communicates with appropriate departments to facilitate throughput. Assists with data collection from various sources, including reports from software utilized within the Command Center. Acts as a real-time liaison facilitating conversations with hospital-based staff regarding patient throughput. May perform other duties as assigned.
Hours for this position are Noon - 8:30 PM.
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
•2-4 years of relevant experience preferred.
• Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant or LPN program preferred.
• Prior experience working in an admitting, bed management, patient placement/throughput setting, including demographic and financial requirements of payers preferred.
• Requires the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with business partners.
• Requires strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with all levels of staff; including physicians, hospital administration, patients, and nursing staff in a professional manner.
• Requires computer and data entry skills.
• Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.