Indiana University Health Social Worker-MSW (Bloomington) in Bloomington, Indiana
We are looking for team members who are passionate about challenging and significant work for the good of every patient. We are searching for individuals who are compassionate, serve with a purpose, are dedicated to supporting their team, and who seek excellence every day.
Sound like a perfect match? Apply now - we can't wait to hear from you!
IU Health Bloomington hospital is looking for a full-time days Social Worker to join their team. This position will work Monday-Friday. There will be an evening/weekend on-call rotation. The social worker will be responsible for:
Adjustment to illness, safety concerns, living situation, support system, financial needs, transportation issues
Advance care planning: Health Care Representative (HCR), determining NOK/medical decision maker, POST, OOHDNR, adoptions, POA or guardianship
Code status/end-of-life support discussion and support, terminal wean, hospice, crisis/trauma brief support
Department of Children’s Services/Adult Protective Services involvement, Domestic violence
Assess substance use desire to change, referrals and resources, at times assist with discharge planning if going to substance use treatment
Mental health support: adjustment to illness, provide brief support for mental health needs and facilitate referrals as appropriate
Determination of 72 hour hold/emergency detention expiration
The Social Worker ffectively communicates and collaborates with all members of the health care team to facilitate the episode of care so the patient receives services in a safe and timely manner, and the patient and family are provided all necessary resources and education. Interprets and communicates complex patient/family needs and role models caring practices to other caregivers. Assess patients' and families' psychosocial risk factors through evaluation of prior functioning levels, appropriateness and adequacy of support systems, reaction to illness, and ability to cope. Counsels patients and families regarding emotional, social, and financial consequences of illness and/or disability; accesses and mobilizes family/community resources to meet identified needs. Provides mental health assessments of patients upon physician referral. Provides therapeutic intervention to facilitate complex discharge planning. Serves as the point person in child abuse/neglect, adult/elderly abuse/neglect, institutional abuse, and domestic violence. Serves as liaison between Indiana University Health and state and county child and adult protective teams. Provides intervention in guardianship (temporary/permanent), foster care, adoption, and mental health level II placements.
• Master's Degree in Social Work required.
• CPI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention) certification preferred.
• Permanent LSW licensure required, LCSW licensure preferred.
• Requires relevant health care, mental health or community-based experience.
• Requires knowledge of the impact of the disease process and of human behavior to provide psychosocial assessments, short-term therapeutic counseling, and crisis intervention to patients, families and staff.
• Requires knowledge of state and county adult and child protective legal mandates.
• Requires knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
• Maintains principles, practices and techniques of crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the community, medical teams, law enforcement, APS/CPS, schools, probation and other agencies as indicated.
• Requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
•0-3 years of Medical Social Work experience required.