JEA Senior Living Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Bloomington, Indiana
Autumn Hills is an Established Dementia care facility where we pride ourselves in our philosophy of Care. Our interaction with our residents are specifically created to promote dignity and respect. We strive to incorporate a familiarity and balance into each resident’s experience, ensuring a deserved contentment and cherished sense of belonging.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience working with the elderly in a residential or long-term care setting also preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to communicate effectively with residents, families, visitors, and other staff members.
- Must be able to perform job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to pass the necessary tests (i.e., CPR, First Aid, Food Handlers, etc.) if required by state regulations. Essential Functions:
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, transferring, and mobility
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and activity while providing personal care assistance
- Responds to all resident needs and/or requests for care promptly, and provides or obtains assistance with care as necessary
- Upholds Residents’ Rights at all times
- Supports and upholds all company policies and care philosophy
- Observes residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental, or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, accidents, injuries, or unusual occurrences, and reports promptly to a licensed nurse
- Completes all forms and documentation such as incident reports, change of condition reports, and behavior tracking, as requested, and in a timely manner
- Assists in the dining room during resident meal times
- Encourages residents to participate in scheduled activities and outings, and assists with those activities as needed
Provides residents with opportunities for self expression and enhanced self esteem through spontaneous individual or small group interaction and activity Housekeeping:
Makes resident beds, empties resident garbage, and tidies resident rooms daily and as needed
- Changes resident bed linens according to facility schedule and as needed due to incontinence
- Changes resident towels on bath days and as needed if soiled
- Assists with resident laundry per shift guidelines
- Maintains resident clothing and clothing closet in a clean, neat and orderly manner
- Cleans dining room tables and chairs after meals and snacks
- Notifies Housekeeper of spills and soiled areas; assists with clean-up as needed. When no Housekeeper is on duty, cleans up spills and soils immediately
- Straightens chairs, pillows and decorative items in common areas as needed, and returns items to appropriate location when found out of place
- Assists in cleaning wheelchairs, walkers, and other resident equipment per facility cleaning schedule and as needed
Assists with dusting, vacuuming, and other housekeeping duties as assigned Other:
Attends all required staff meetings and in-service training sessions
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and contributes to an atmosphere of team spirit and cooperation within the facility
- Answers phones as needed, in a prompt and courteous manner
- Promotes customer service and positive community relations by treating residents, families, other staff, and all visitors in a courteous, helpful and friendly manner
- Assists with other duties as assigned